Remote Access to USB Devices, USB on IP
USB IP Extender, USB Management over IP
USB IP Extender
Connects Five USB Devices to Ethernet Networks
Also known as: Remote Access to USB Devices, USB on IP, USB IP Extender, USB Management over IP.
USB-IP (Front & Back)
|The XTENDEX™ USB IP Extender allows five USB peripheral devices to be connected anywhere on a wired or wireless LAN, while eliminating the need for locally-attached host PCs. Software drivers are loaded onto a host PC or server, enabling remote devices to communicate with the host, without changing existing application software. USB peripheral devices can be centrally managed and monitored from a remote server or PC via an IP address.|
USB-IP is ideal for retailers--relocating the host PC to a back office or other remote location allows for smaller point-of-sale stations, centralized management, reduced IT support and instant system redundancy. Kiosk, ATM or pay-at-the-pump manufacturers can eliminate the PC inside the enclosure, reducing concerns of extreme changes in temperature or humidity. The USB-IP unit is also useful for restaurant kitchens, access control systems, industrial automation or any environment that is volatile, not secure or where having an onsite PC is not practical.
- Extends USB cabling distance beyond five meters.
- Creates systems redundancy and increases security since host PC can be located in a remote location.
- Access and monitor devices over a TCP/IP connection.
- Simplifies operations and reduces IT support.
- Supports true plug-and-play functionality.
- Remote configuration utility.
- Field-upgradeable software and firmware.
- One static (fixed) IP address per unit.
- LEDs for system and device status.
- USB 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 compatible.
- Up to eight USB-IP units supported per server.
- Two Open Host Controller Interface (OHCI) controllers
Local USB Devices
- Five female USB Type A connectors.
- Compatible with bulk or interrupt type USB devices.
- Bar-code scanners, printers, fingerprint scanners, mice, pole displays, card readers and more.
- USB 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 compatible (USB 2.0 devices operate at 12Mbps).
- Data rates up to 12Mbps per USB port.
- 500mA downstream power per device.
- Compatible with PCs (Windows 2000/NT/XP).
Local Area Network (LAN) Connection
- RJ45 connection.
- Supports 10/100 Base-T using CAT5 UTP cable.
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C).
- Relative Humidity: 0 to 95% non-condensing RH.
- FCC Part 15, Class B
- UL 1950
- CSA 2.2 No. 950
- 120 or 230 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz via AC adapter.
- WxDxH (In.): 7.2x4.4x1
- Weight: 2.8 lbs.